Monday 3 December 2012

Lush Haul



I don’t have a Lush store near me so when I get the chance to go I tend to go a little crazy and my last visit was no exception. I topped up on a couple of favourites and also thought I’d try out some new products. Please read on to find out about the line-up of goodies which filled my shopping basket.



Big Shampoo


If there was one Lush product I would travel far and wide for, it would be Big shampoo. It’s a sea salt shampoo which gives hair volume as if it has been ‘lifted on a sea breeze’.  It is made up of coarse sea salt (which itself is a natural preservative so no added synthetic preservatives are needed!), seaweed, coconut (for softness) and fresh lemons and limes (for shine) – a sumptuous mix! Fragrance of neroli, mandarin, orange flower absolute and vanilla are also added – yum! 

After I’ve played with my hair until it does what I want it to, it’s hard to tell how much volume is achieved. However, my hair always feels squeaky clean without greasiness plus it smells amazing! I also enjoy the experience of lathering up with a shampoo with a salt base as it gently gives my scalp a healthy scrub. It’s a little strange at first, but once you get used to it you’ll never look back. Give it time to get a good lather and then just enjoy!



Furthermore, as it’s a Lush product, you can guarantee that it is cruelty-free and not tested on animals at any stage. Big is also suitable for vegans and is even Vegan Society approved. The pot is also made from 100% recycled plastic (and if you bring back 5 full-size tubs or tubes you get a free mask). What’s not to love!





Volcano Foot Scrub



My favourite me time is my bath on a Sunday afternoon after a busy week. I light a couple of candles, fill the bathtub with bubbles, get a good book and treat my hair, feet and face to a mask while I soak. Volcano is a foot mask made of kaolin (which cleans and repairs), pumice (to tackle dead skin), papaya (to loosen dead skin), tomatoes (which deodorise) and menthol, lemon and cinnamon (which cool and stimulate circulation). The professional pamperers at Lush recommend applying the whole pot to your feet at a time and then wrapping them in plastic clingfilm. However, I can get at least five or six good treatments out of mine. I apply a good layer to the feet, specifically focussing on my tough areas, pop my spa socks (cheap little cotton numbers available from Tesco) over the top and let Volcano do its magic. After about ten minutes I rub the mask into my dry spots before washing off to reveal gorgeous ever-so-soft tootsies! 






This one is also Vegan Society approved and is especially fun when used with a friend or partner as it will get to work as you perch on the side of the bath and enjoy a natter. 




Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water



After becoming a vegan and educating myself on the beauty industry, saying goodbye to my Clinique three step programme was a difficult one for me. I decided not to rush into buying a new skincare routine as getting the right facial care is very important to me. I asked for a few samples and Lush’s Breath of Fresh Air was an instant winner for my toner category. This toner water is made of sea water (which hydrates the skin), seaweed and organic aloe vera gel (which soothe and lock in moisture). The real beauty of this product, though, is the blend of essential oils, including rose and patchouli, which work to brighten the skin and enhance your mood. Breath of Fresh Air is therefore what Lush call ‘aromatherapy in dilution’. It smells delicious and feels great on the skin. It comes in a spray so either spritz a generous amount onto a cotton pad (or directly onto the face for a refreshing boost) or ask for a complimentary pot from Lush and pour some toner in over some cotton pads so they soak up the toner water and are ready to use at a moment’s notice.



I use this product (another Vegan Society approved goodie) as part of my morning routine and also whenever I get a craving! You really must try this, really.

 



No Drought Dry Shampoo



No Drought is a new one for me. I love a dry shampoo as I don’t always have the time or energy to regularly wash my hair. This one contains cornflour, which absorbs oil well and also has a fine consistency, as well as lime and grapefruit which give it a nice refreshing scent. I tried a sample of this and wasn’t amazingly impressed. I also found the powder went everywhere. But I was determined to give it a go as I know lots of lovelies who swear by it, so stay tuned to find out what I think…



Vegan Society approved, preservative free and 100% natural.





I also got offered a free sample from the staff at Lush. They gave me a pot of Fair Trade Foot Lotion to complement my Volcano foot mask. I’m not a huge fan of foot lotions as I either end up slipping and sliding around my slippers or smearing it over my sheets in bed. I tried this underneath my spa socks overnight and it did dye them a little pink. The smell, peppermint and spearmint, is also quite strong and the consistency is very runny. I don't think I'll be buying this product, but my feet did feel super gorgeous when I woke up and I always appreciate a free sample - thank you Lush!







This lotion contains lanolin, a waxy fat secreted by sheep to protect their wool, so it is not vegan, but it’s still Vegetarian Society approved so it’s worth a go!





Although I enjoyed a big haul, my bill only came to £30.75 – a price I would previously spend on just one premium cream. Bargain!

Please note, I am not working for lush in any way or form, I am just a HUGE fan.

Happy pampering!




7 comments:

  1. I am always battling a bad scalp, going to give the BIG shampoo a go :)

    http://calibell.blogspot.co.uk/

    @DanielleReed117

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I hope it won't irritate your scalp - it should just be nice and gently exfoliating! Let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
  2. I love Lush! great haul :) I really want to try Volcano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! It doesn't smell fab or feel totally glam (smearing a tomato and kaolin clay onto your feet!), but it really does leave them super soft :)

      Delete
  3. I love Lush, I've only discovered it in the last month or so and can't get enough. My favourite product is their Dark Angels face scrub, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lush is becoming my life - I can't get enough! oo I haven't tried Dark Angels though - I'll ask for a sample next time I'm there!

      Delete
  4. It is as such a witness to the Trinity that allows Mary a special place in relationship to the True, the Good, and the Beautiful. The Blessed Virgin, said the fifteenth century poet John Lydgate, is the "Fairest Mother that ever was alive." life flower cbd bath bomb

    ReplyDelete